I came home late from work one night (round about midnight, hence the title) and was craving something in a rich sauce. Something delicious that I could knock up in a few minutes.
I bumbled about the cupboards and whizzed this together. This sauce is pretty addictive, it's sweet and coconutty (that should be a word, autocorrect disagrees)with a beautiful zing from the lime. Feel free to add in some chilli if you like it spicy.
Great on drizzled on grilled chicken, tofu, roast veggies, sweet potato, rice....the list is endless!
Ingredients:
Makes enough sauce for 1-2 people. Double or triple the recipe if you want to make a big batch!
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
Juice of half a lime (I have used a lemon and it did work, but lime is better)
1 tsp of brown sugar
2 tbsp hot kettle water
1 small chunk of creamed coconut (the hard kind you get in a block)
Salt and pepper
1. Mix the peanut butter with the lime juice and brown sugar until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Chop the chunk of creamed coconut roughly into smaller pieces and add to the sauce. Stir in two tablespoons of hot kettle water to dissolve the coconut. Keep stirring until thick and creamy.
No comments:
Post a Comment